2020 SantaCruz Mega TowerRegular price $14,999.00 Save $-14,999.00
Megatower is the most capable, confidence-inspiring 29er trail bike in our line-up. The lower-link mounted shock configuration – designed for compatibility with both air and coil shocks – provides a progressive shock rate that has unmatched traction and bottom out resistance, making it ideal for taming the longest descents and rowdiest hits.
In order to make the Megatower stride confidently across the globe it has an enormous amount of clever adjustability hidden in its bones. A tidy and concealed flip chip in the lower-link adjusts bottom bracket height and changes progressivity of the rear suspension. A second, in the rear dropouts, allows for a 10mm fore-aft adjustment in chainstay length to dial in the rider’s
rearward weight distribution - either set for play or for stability. The flip chips are a robust mechanism for riders looking to tune their ride according to their needs without compromising reliability and durability. No wackadoo mousetraps and frail proprietary shocks here.
The Megatower isn’t all fight and fury, it’s smart and savvy too. It has a sharp, 76-degree seat tube angle for winching to the top of the kinds of descents where having a roomier cockpit and a 65-degree head tube angle will come in handy. And you can still carry around a full water bottle inside the frame (even with a piggyback shock), and the frame is well protected with a shock fender, shuttle guard, downtube protector and ribbed chainstay protector.
- Wheel Size: 29”
- Size Range: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Materials: C and CC carbon
- Rear Travel: 160mm, Front Travel: 160mm
- Suspension: Lower-link mounted VPP
- Dropout flip chip allows 10mm chainstay length adjustment
- Lower link flip chip for geo adjustment (-/+ 3.5mm BB height) - preserves BB height for "over-forkers" and allows even the most sensitive riders the ability to fine-tune their ride.
- 76-degree seat tube angle
- Fits water bottle and piggyback shock
- Leverage curve designed to work with coil or air shocks
- Metric sizing; works with bearing shock eyelet
- Shock fender, shuttle guard, downtube protector, and ribbed chainstay protector
- SCG-05 mounts
- 36T chainring clearance
- Lifetime warranty on frame, bearings, and Reserve wheels